Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Problem with cut-off words, Turing 4.0.5 pissing me off
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
netninja

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:39 pm   Post subject: Problem with cut-off words, Turing 4.0.5 pissing me off

I have the currently new version of Turing by holtsoft, i think 4.0.5? Anyway:

Problem = Turing keeps cutting ends of words, and when i select something, it squishes it together... lol,

I have OOT as well, but thats even worse, so lets just stick to the one from holtsoft.
Heh, I read the preferences, and i dont seem to see anything that would have to do with my problem. Anyway, the words look so far apart from each other than they normally should, and when i select the text, it squishes in to normal. And same thing for the words that look cut off. I have to select it to make it normal haha.

I didnt see any help file that would help me with my problem, only keywords/references blah blah.

Version of windows = 2k, all recent service packs installed. Graphics card is fine, and so is my O/S.

Im sure at least one of you have had this problem, so i ask: WHAT IS GOING ON ! Laughing
oh oh, also: when i put the mouse somewhere, im not always sure if thats where its gonna put the typing cursor thing, its usually one char infront of where it should be heh, very annoying. I tried changing the font too, didnt work. Actually, it fixed the squishing together thing mostly, but some words still get cut off. So, less annoying, but still annoying. Catch my drift?

thanks in advance
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
recneps

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I believe your computer just had an error with fonts or something, try restarting your comp, and if that doesnt work, uninstall/reinstall Smile
netninja

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hehe, problem with fonts. I dont think so, ill restart though.
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how do they look cut-off? at the end of the words? also this is in Turing code part, not the run window right?

how long have you had this problem? when did you first notce it?
netninja

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it WAS in both.

But i did a restart and voila, all thanks to the Canadian guy. Thanks recneps, i live in toronto, do you?

Anyway, why was it cut-off anyway? What was the problem? Im guessing turing hadnt loaded the stuff of my comp to make it work right? Meh, off to make some programs and watch south park. Thanks, take care..
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: