Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How to Study for Compsci Exams?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
DaBigOne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:20 am   Post subject: How to Study for Compsci Exams?

What is it you are trying to achieve?
How should I study for my Computer Science exams? (on Turing)

What is the problem you are having?
Should I test myself with a friend, etc. Also, we?ll have to do ?blind programming? (write the code down), so how would I make sure I don?t fail that, especially for animation.
Whenever I animate without a computer, usually I put the erase and draw commands in the wrong order.

Describe what you have tried to solve this problem
I usually study by going over notes and testing with friends, but I have no idea how to study for an exam.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:23 pm   Post subject: RE:How to Study for Compsci Exams?

Write programs. Try really hard to make it work the first time, without testing along the way. Memorize commonly used functions, including name, parameters and usage.

Most of the questions will probably not require much code. It might be something like 'write a program that prints a string backwards'. Other questions might be more like 'find the syntax error in this code'.

Every teacher is different. You've probably had tests in this class before, and you can expect the exam to look similar to them.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: