Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Spacechute- 2D Platformer (not finished)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
blaffypoo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:10 pm   Post subject: Spacechute- 2D Platformer (not finished)

Run in 1366 X 768 resolution

Spacechute.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Spacechute.rar
 Filesize:  11.22 MB
 Downloaded:  308 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Raknarg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:55 pm   Post subject: RE:Spacechute- 2D Platformer (not finished)

I seem to not be able to walk under platforms. I suggest this be changed.

Btw, nice choice of music, Tourney Setup from SSBM, thats a good one Razz
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:55 pm   Post subject: RE:Spacechute- 2D Platformer (not finished)

It was very difficult lol, or I just suck.
blaffypoo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:14 pm   Post subject: RE:Spacechute- 2D Platformer (not finished)

You can't walk under the platform cause i coded it like that, I just need to put an image there to act as a barrier. How do like the game? Do you have any suggestions?
Raknarg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:38 pm   Post subject: RE:Spacechute- 2D Platformer (not finished)

No, I couldn't figure out how to access the portal XD
mirhagk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:22 pm   Post subject: RE:Spacechute- 2D Platformer (not finished)

Yeah it was confusing, you gotta go over top of it, then click on it.
blaffypoo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:26 am   Post subject: RE:Spacechute- 2D Platformer (not finished)

no you just wait in it for a couple seconds
Raknarg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:19 pm   Post subject: RE:Spacechute- 2D Platformer (not finished)

I think you would benifit from not having to use your maximum jump.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
blaffypoo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:11 pm   Post subject: RE:Spacechute- 2D Platformer (not finished)

Sorry I don't know what you mean. Anyways, how do like the game itself???
Raknarg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:53 am   Post subject: RE:Spacechute- 2D Platformer (not finished)

The game itself is very well-done in my opinion, but my earlier comment I think should be implemented.

To clarify, what I mean is that if you hold on to your up key, or tap the up key, the jump is the same. I think you should have it so when you let go of the up key your character stops going up. You know wat I mean? that way you have more flexibility when you jump, and makes it much simpler to play.
blaffypoo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:21 pm   Post subject: RE:Spacechute- 2D Platformer (not finished)

I understand now, how do you propose I implement that into the code?
Raknarg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:20 pm   Post subject: RE:Spacechute- 2D Platformer (not finished)

You can do something like this:
Turing:

if vel > 0 and not circle ('w') then
     vel := (some negative number)
     grav := (some other negative number)
end if

Btw: not circle ('w') is valid syntax.

EDIT:
I just did it. After this:
Turing:

Input.KeyDown (circle)
                if circle ('w') and Ground = true then
                    vel := jump
                end if

I put in this:
Turing:

if vel > 0 and not circle ('w') then
                    vel := -4
                    grav := -0.6
                end if
blaffypoo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:50 pm   Post subject: RE:Spacechute- 2D Platformer (not finished)

Most games you can only do your max jump you can't stop in the middle, the motion isn't realistic
Raknarg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Spacechute- 2D Platformer (not finished)

Actually, it's not the case for 2D platformers. With those games, there are many cases where you only want to make a small, calculated jump instead of leaping. It's for flexibility, not for realisticness.

Anyways, thats just my opinion.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:44 pm   Post subject: RE:Spacechute- 2D Platformer (not finished)

And actually the motion is VERY realistic. Jump right now. Now jump higher. A set in stone concrete jump height is very unrealistic. Yes in the case of the game, changing your jump height because of a new obstacle or something is a liberty you don't have in real life, but it's more realistic than a measurable jump height for each jump.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 33 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: