Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Help with JPEG pictures
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Vivi1212

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:33 pm   Post subject: Help with JPEG pictures

I am attempting to have a Jpeg emerger betweeb pixel graphics and the background, I ahve tried picMerge/UnderMerge/Copy, but i can not get it to work. I have the background set as black. Basically, i am making a picture of a cloud (pixel graphic) anda bolt of lightning emerge below it (JPEG). If anyone here could help me, it would be greately appreciated.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You'll have to be a little more specific about what you're trying to do. But if you're trying to draw a picture using picMerge, I would suggest using a bitmap image because with the compression of the jpeg, you'll get artifacts in the picture and what may appear to be white to you, might just be slightly off white and won't be transparent.
Vivi1212

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok, well, bascially, i am working ona final project for school. This is one part of it. Our teacher doesnt want us using anything other then JPEG's due to the size of the file (*sigh*).

ok. The top of the screen is pixel graphics, its a cloud. The background colour is black. I need the jpeg (the lightning) to appear moving down between the cloud and the background.i have the movement down, but i need to get the jpeg layered behind the pixel graphics. I am not sure how to do that. (i am new at this programming thing, i wish i could give more info....but im not sure what info it is you would need to help me)

Thanks
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

There wouldn't be any turing command to do that for you since the clouds are being drawn using drawoval (or so I assume), just make sure you draw whatever you want behind the lighting first, then the lightning, then whatever you want after the lightning.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: