Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 transportation help
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
crash0414

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:17 am   Post subject: transportation help

I need to make a form of transportation using turing,ex car or plane. it has to move across the page..im not asking for someone to give me the answer im just asking if you can help

here is what i have so far

var x,y : int
x:=100
y:=100
var chars : array char of boolean

loop
Input.KeyDown (chars)
if chars (KEY_UP_ARROW) then
y:=y+5
end if

if chars (KEY_RIGHT_ARROW) then
x:=x+5
end if

if chars (KEY_LEFT_ARROW) then
x:=x-5
end if

if chars (KEY_DOWN_ARROW) then
y:=y-5
end if

drawoval(x,y,4,4,red)
delay(10)
cls
end loop
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That has got to be one of the vaguest pleas for help I've ever seen. And I've seen my share.

Don't mean to flame on you too much, but I will nonetheless. If you are going to ask questions, please ask them in a manner so that others will be able to understand them. For example, you have assumed that we will know what you mean by "transportation". How this pertains to be creating in Turing is beyond the scope of what you have posted.

Also, when posting, it is a good idea to post a sample of the code that you are using. This is not a "Give me all the answers so I can pass my course" forum. We are here to foster growth and learning amongst each other, in the form of programming or otherwise. By posting code we can see where you are in terms of syntaxial (is that a word?) knowledge, and general algortithmic familiarity.

If you repost with this in mind, I'm sure you'll get a more pertinant response.
Flea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sorry, no clue what your programming knowledge is, but i assume you know how to draw circles and loop shit. If not, go fail your course or get some manners plz

I have some sympathy for you, crash. I wont give you the exact code cause unless youre a total moron you dont need it. Also, check the tutorial section. Anyway, in vague terms, make a loop inside it, smack down your picture on the screen.

Let's say you want yer 'form of transportation' to go from the left side of the screen to the right. Make the x value a variable.. . I assume you know how to do that rofl. Then, inside your loop after your draw whatever command (smacking down your pic - oh look i just gave you answer), do this: "(x-variable-name):=(x-variable-name)+1". Add a delay and then end your loop.

P.S. never say the word "need" on a forum.. cause i dont "need" to help you.

whatever. have a nice day and good luck with yer homework
DanShadow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm...as I have no idea what your asking, i'll think of it logically. Transportation is a way of movement...sooo.....maybe you should refer to my "Movement Tutorial".
Index->Turing Tutorials->
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=3275

That tutorial will teach you the basics of movement. Or as you might say, "transporting" things across the screen. This uses getch, Input.KeyDown, and the mouse to move a circle across the screen. That might help you..
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My guess would be it's an animation type assignment. Just draw a truck or an airplane flying across the screen. There are drawing tutorials somewhere around here.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: