Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Is anyone taking the Waterloo Computer Contest?
Index -> Contests
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
nis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:39 pm   Post subject: Is anyone taking the Waterloo Computer Contest?

I was just wondering if any one on this site was doing the contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yep i did the junior one last year and got 60 points , it was easy , im doing hte senior one this year its in febuary for anyone who want to know.
Boarder16

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

what is taht contest??? liek what do u have to do?
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you write programs to solve problems Rolling Eyes well... in most of the cases atleast.

anyways, this should be in [contests] forum Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

how can u enter? and does it help u get into waterloo?
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:29 am   Post subject: (No subject)

isn't that contest the CCC? and btw, topic moved to contest section.
nis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If you do well enough it could help you get into waterloo.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i will probly do it, and it is not need to get in to u of w it just can help your adimums avg. even if you get perrfitk on it i dont think it will ashure that you get in.

and a tip for any one new to this: DONT DO IT IN TURING. it messed me over with some things b/c of it's crapy max string leagnth or somting...
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

if u dont take it, its harder for u to getin H2O-lu on the site, it said it was strongly recommended
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

so was half the math contest they sponsor, like the Euclid and whatnot.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how do u enter?
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ur school has to be regsitred to write it and they ask for x num of tests. if they are not yet, i am not shure if there is much time left to sign up...

there is probly more info on it at the u of w site.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
nis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If you want practice Questions they Got The Previous test questions and answers at the site. http://contest-cemc.uwaterloo.ca/ccc/index.html
Brightguy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:43 am   Post subject: Re: Is anyone taking the Waterloo Computer Contest?

I didn't take it last year (I didn't really know about it and neither did my school), but I hope to this year.

What language are you guys writing it in? I guess my preference would be Visual Basic as I use it for the majority of my programming. (I assume they are still allowing Visual Basic, right?) Or I could always go back to Turing... and I know C++ basics as well but I haven't used it very often.
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Dan and I will be doing it in Java 8)

preaty much any programming language is allowed for stage 1 competition. Turing is not sujested because of it's limitations, but its simple syntax could be of an advantage for easier problems. Though last year a number of questions were simply not possible in Turing Confused

at the end - it's whatever language you're most comfortable with
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: