Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 MARIO KART!?!?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
biggmak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:09 pm   Post subject: MARIO KART!?!?

We are all familiar with Mario Kart and its thrill, so I was hoping that I could attempt to make such a game in Turing. I found some sprites for the players which is no problem but my main question to you guys is, IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET THE TRACK TO TURN AND WHATEVER THE WAY IT DOES IN THE GAME?????? Would you need tuns of pics for every turn or something, I'm totally lost I don't know if this is possible, plz help.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well no... you could do it with lots of pictures, but that would look really lame Rolling Eyes

what you do is you dynamically render the track from the map and pixel draw it. Would require a degree of understanding of rendering 3D scenes
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

sure it is, raycasting, like a maze program.

Or you can think of some other innovative way that involves pseudo 3D in turing.

Unless you are up to it, then do it with 3D engine.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

there're already two 3D engines available for turing Laughing One by Catalyst and one by Homer. Though seeing as its turing, they run REALLY slow when you have actual polygons to render Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well, raycasting would be a bit faster, and when you import a picture as the wall, you can basicly import a picture of some trees, and color the ground like a track, so it looks like a raceway. You can add random pictures of objects in the walls too, so it looks like you have a variety of stuff and more like a real racing track.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: