Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Running programs on websites!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:54 pm   Post subject: Running programs on websites!

Is it possible to make a turing program into an actual program? Like can you post it as a program on a site, say if you click a certain link, you the program runs?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Running programs on websites!

Angel wrote:
Is it possible to make a turing program into an actual program?

Depending on the version of Turing you have. Some versions of the Turing compiler don't actually compile. That's because the people at holtsoft are too smart. If you have (I think) any version besides Turing 4.0, you should be able to go to Run > Generate stand-alone program.

Angel wrote:
Like can you post it as a program on a site, say if you click a certain link, you the program runs?

Sure you can upload your program to the internet. As for having the program run when you click on a certain link, that would be up to whether the user chooses to run the program from it's current location or save the program to disk.
Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm... I'm not quite sure what a compiler is, and I am using Turing 4.1. Also, if I put the program on a site, I would like the user to be able to acess it right on the webpage. Is that possible?
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not realy, you could go to run -> make standalone file and it will make the code in to an exe file witch can be downloaded and then ran with out the need for turing. but it will not run on a web server like php
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well that's too bad... That's really what I needed. Oh well...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: