Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [rant] turing's help files.....way too many typos!!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
CjGaughan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:14 pm   Post subject: [rant] turing's help files.....way too many typos!!

doesn't anyone else agree? pretty much every example has some sort of missed-spelled--or missed--variable, or other parts messed up also...

kinda reminds me of the text books...lol

has anyone else noticed the same probleM?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Laughing its not just typoes. Example codes simply don't work Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
McKenzie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

With every new version on WOOT I try to run their Sprite example. With every version I shake my head in frustration.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i don't miss the sprites that much anymore, it's actually kinda easier without them... i just want fullscreen back! well, there's other stuff too but mostly fullscreen.

hehe... my teacher said 'WOOT' (it's still funny even if it wasn't meant as w00t)
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya, for some reson it seems to get wores as it gets upgraded. at least they put compiling back in Razz

very annoying when the code examples have typos, i could live with spelling mistakes and stuch in the discription but having code in there that they did not even test? come on it only takes like 2 seconds to copy and past it in to turing Evil or Very Mad
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
santabruzer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

where do you get this WOOT...... i've been looking for it everywhere..
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

u buy it... or you can dl it illegally, sry cant tell u the site, just look around Rolling Eyes
FDisk87

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

First post here. Hey everyone, what is WOOT?
Is that the same as OOT?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
McKenzie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WOOT is just Windows Object Oriented Turing. I guess my terminology is redundant, the last DOS version was not OO. Sorry for the confusion. Oh Mazer, I had to go to Urban Dictionary to figure out what that heck you were talking about.
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

seriously? you call yourself a compsci teacher, and you aren't even familiar with 'w00t'?
juniorspank

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Doesn't "w00t" originally mean "we own the other team"?
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

w00t can also mean, like YESS!! or Huray... in tah kinda sense...or at least i heard it used that way a lot.... in games like Starcraft.. anyways.... Turings help files are crap.... try using the joystick... none of the stuff in there helps.... im glad they fixed in new version i hear..... have to upgrade... lots of their examples dont work.. and use the palette command which dont work no more... kinda sad and pathetic realy... for a profession company...well they'll fix it eventually in there upgrades i hope..
CjGaughan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there ya go..another month old post brought back...--and it was off topic!!!

watch yourself short1!!!!
JHDK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's not that bad actually, the help files actually do help when you have no one around. Yeh some codes dont work, but they are fixed easily
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What city is the REDS???for what sport.... i forget.....im for the LEAFS!!! go leafs GO!....and i agree, help files taught me how to do a bunch of graphic things before the teacher taugh them... hhehe
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: