Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 i don't know what's turing saying
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
appling

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:42 pm   Post subject: i don't know what's turing saying

Confused what's wrong with my program when turing display "illegal parameter" and "number of parameters is invalid". Question Question
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Azzy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not all too good at explaining stuff so if someone else wants to continue this go ahead.

"number of parameters is invalid" means that you have too many parameters in a code.
for example.say you have a a code that only needs 2 parameters.if you have 3 it'll say "number of parameters is invalid".

now for "illegal parameter".i think that means it isn't the right kind of parameter.like say for an x corrodinent.it'll say that if it's a string or boolean.
thoughtful

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

These errors occur when a function or procedure or module that you are calling requires a certain type of parameter.(rules) but you are not following those rules.
These errors can occur if your dont have all the values that it needs or if it needs an integer you r giving it a string or a real. So check you program...or you can post it here so we can help you fix the problem
appling

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

now i see
thanks for your help
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

doesnt turing highlight the part you should fix? man i miss that in vc
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

VC++ tells you on which line of code error occured in your debugg window Rolling Eyes dodge- you soo lazy Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh i knew that tony, but see its kinda hard to spot ur mistake when debugging 150 charactered lines...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: