Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Question: Using GUI inside Classes Possible?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
cookay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:28 pm   Post subject: Question: Using GUI inside Classes Possible?

First of all, I'm making a domino game. I want to use radio buttons to allow the user to choose a domino to play, however, I can't import GUI into a class. (I tried importing it at the very top and calling it inside of a program, and importing it at the top of the class that requires GUI but it doesn't work)

Is it possible to use GUI inside of classes at all?

PS- I'm using Turing version 3.1S (pretty old I'm guessing?)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DtY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:32 pm   Post subject: RE:Question: Using GUI inside Classes Possible?

Is there any reason you can't use a newer version? It's freeware now.
cookay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:38 pm   Post subject: Re: Question: Using GUI inside Classes Possible?

Yeah I know Turing's freeware now, but, my school's computers all use that old version.
BigBear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:39 pm   Post subject: RE:Question: Using GUI inside Classes Possible?

Are you trying to use your own GUI or the GUI commands that came with turing

Also download turing here

http://compsci.ca/holtsoft/
cookay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:43 pm   Post subject: Re: Question: Using GUI inside Classes Possible?

GUI that came with Turing.
I can't download the latest version of Turing because all of my schools computers, including my teacher, use the old one.
cookay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:53 pm   Post subject: Re: Question: Using GUI inside Classes Possible?

Never mind! I figured it out : )
I only needed to type 'import GUI' not 'import GUI in "%oot/lib/GUI"'
BigBear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:54 pm   Post subject: RE:Question: Using GUI inside Classes Possible?

You should send your version to dan@compsci.ca Smile

Also your school and teacher probably think they need a to purchase a new licence to use the newer version. You should asked you teacher about upgrading
DtY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:49 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Question: Using GUI inside Classes Possible?

BigBear @ Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:54 pm wrote:
Also your school and teacher probably think they need a to purchase a new licence to use the newer version. You should asked you teacher about upgrading

Yes, definitely talk to your teacher about it. As if teaching an unused languages isn't bad enough, but to use an old version of it? Would be like teaching a dead(er) dialect of Latin, cause it's a good introduction to languages?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: