Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 GUI.ProcessEvent reset
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
who cares?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:30 pm   Post subject: GUI.ProcessEvent reset

Hi!

How do I reset GUI.ProcessEvent to false. I want to use it twice in a loop. I know that it's boolean and it is set to true when GUI.Quit is called, but how do I reset it so that I can use it again. I have tried simply typing " GUI.ProcessEvent:=false ", but I get and error. Thank you very much.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what's the error?
who cares?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:40 pm   Post subject: the error is...

The error is: "Left side of assignment is not a variable and hence cannot be assigned to".
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh... i think that GUI.ProcessEvent is actually a function with a return type of boolean. so... not sure what to do there. in what way are you trying to use it twice? because it's only set to true when GUI.Quit is called.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

GUI.ProcessEvent is a driver function that makes all your GUI works. You call that, it calls everything else.

I suppose you can modify your GUI module and write a custom method to reset flag variable that disables ProcessEvent.

But really, you dont need to do it.

Instead of exit when GUI.ProcessEvent, you can use any other value requesting method, like IF

code:

If GUI.ProcessEvent then
put "GUI.Quit was called"
else
put "still working"
end if
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: