Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Stand-alone program
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
hackman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:25 pm   Post subject: Stand-alone program

I am useing v4.0.1p and when i go to "generate stand-alone program" it comes up with a mesage saying it is unavailable in this version. Is there any other way to make a stand-alone program?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hehe, yeah that's one of the ways you can tell that turing is stupid.

Holtsoft wrote:

Hey! Let's make a compiler for a crappy language that doesn't even compile! I'm sure that everyone will want to buy it, surely they'll think it's a good deal."

i wouldn't be surprised if that quote were real.
hackman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh thankfuly i didnt have to pay for it
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Shocked you didn't?!
don't i feel dumb Embarassed
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well atleast Mazer can bitch at Holt ligitemaly Laughing

hackman - go to www.holtsoft.com and download a turing patch - v4.0.4[?]. Its basically the whole Turing -minus- GUI and help files. It will replace Turing.exe it finds in the folder and you'll have a brand new compiler that actually compiles.

Holt is soo dumb though - they released a new version of IDE that's not even bundled with a compiler Rolling Eyes furthermore they were selling it for full price. Everybody had to wait ~half a year before being able to compile anything.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
hackman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ah thanks for the help. Im downloading it right now. Its gona take a while though(dialup internet).
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well I told you - their patch is the whole damn compiler. Like heck, you can write a better security in turing then holt uses to enforce purchasing their software.

You can just rename a text file into Turing.exe in the folder and its going to install over it. (It might check for some other files too though)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya dan tryed that trick out but the problem is even if you replace all the files it checks with .txt, it will not copy the turing lib in to it so you got turing with no comands Confused
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: