Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 URGENT HELP NEEDED IMMEDIATELY!!! Music.SoundOff and process
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
dehoogrules

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:01 am   Post subject: URGENT HELP NEEDED IMMEDIATELY!!! Music.SoundOff and process

Ok, for my RPG, I have a .wav file playing during the battle. The only problem is, I can't get it to stop playing!!! Music.SoundOff isn't doing anything at all! My code is like this:

process bgmusic
Music.PlayFile ("filename.wav")
end bgmusic

fork bgmusic
loop
[battle code, too long and irrelevant to post]
end loop
Music.SoundOff
Music.PlayFile ("4secondlongfile.mid")
[does irrelevant stuff]
cls
process ending
loop
Music.PlayFile ("songthatdoesntplay.mid")
end loop
end ending

fork ending
[blah blah blah]

Any ideas on why this isn't working? I can't figure it out! Music.SoundOff is supposed to work. Is there any way I can make it stop? I need help on this immediately, this is for a project which is due tomorrow!!!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:47 am   Post subject: no time

i dont have much time to post but make shure you dont have a Music.PlayFile in a loop, also if you look at the titel.t file in QFTB has a good demo of how to use it. you can find it on the ftp site.

i am plaing on posting my tural on sownd in turing some day so that will help. also i am plaing to add an upload mod to the site so you can upload your code if you whont making it easer to tell us wahts wrong.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

there's also Music.PlayFileStop

You can look that up in turing help file for more on how to use it.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
krishon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can try to put a loop inside the process so that the music will play continually, until u stop the music.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:54 pm   Post subject: more help

if any one needs more help with this you can go to my new tureal here:

http://danco.no-ip.com/turing/viewtopic.php?t=190
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
FizixMan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

or if you really want... instead of having the program stop playing the .wav file, have it play an empty .wav file Wink
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: