Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Net Explanation please...
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
JayLo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:29 am   Post subject: Net Explanation please...

aiyah... reading up on the Net command, don't really understand the Net.WaitForConnection and the Net.OpenConnection commands!! Confused
well, you guys are the super wizards at turing right? something to put your minds to work at! Razz
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ya, we already have a turing chat uploaded to our FTP.

ftp://swat@danco.no-ip.com I belive

path:
Turing/Turing%20Programs/Turing%20Chat/
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
JayLo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:18 am   Post subject: hehe...

what's a general protection (segmentation) fault?? I ran your program and that was the error.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think its a problem with your compiler, not the source code. I tested the program and it works fine.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
JayLo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:12 pm   Post subject: argh...

probably my firewall... wonder if there's a way to bypass it.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya, you can turn your firewall off Wink

otherwise no, cuz firewall monitors your ports. You have to turn it off.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:43 pm   Post subject: hummm

what version of turing are you using, becuse i dont know if it wroks in all of them.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
azndragon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Kinda odd how the Turing versions are so different. For example, QFTB works on Turing 3.1.1, but not Turing 4.0.1p, its really odd.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thats because v3 and v4 are very different. V4 was rebuild from scratch and its build some different way... and it doesn't have some features that v3 does... Confused
azndragon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I like version 4.0 better, because it's colour coded, which makes it A LOT easier to tell what's what.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:21 am   Post subject: hummm

if you like 4.0 you relay shode upgrade to 4.0.4 you get the colore coding and some help i think plus you can compile. but i will always like 3.0.1 i think i liked the look of the turing app in that one more and i also liiked spiters altho you dont need them in 4.0.1+
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
azndragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, I actually have 4.0.1p.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:34 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yo dan, as soon as we get reply on those custom DLLs, I'll write you an add-on for Sprites to use in 4.x Wink
krishon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sweet, could u send the dll's to me too??
i wanna play aorund wit the sprites for 4.04b.
that would be sick Very Happy
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:02 pm   Post subject: custom DLLs

that doesn't have much to do with the Net feature anymore Confused

but ya... currently me and dan are looking for way to add our own dlls to turing and holtsoft isn't helping much Evil or Very Mad

Though when we figure this one out, we'll have our add-ons available for download. An add-on package development is also one of our ideas. Much like GUI that will allow you to have a whole range of additional functionality, we just want to use C++ instead for higher performance.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: