Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Contest-2008
Index -> Contests
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jrblacquiere

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:51 pm   Post subject: Contest-2008

I was wondering if someone would know if there are any computer programming(specifically game programming contests) this year? Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
klopyrev

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Contest-2008

I could name at least 100 computer programming contests this year. None of those involve game programming:(

Have you tried GOOGLE???
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:47 pm   Post subject: RE:Contest-2008

dwite.org starts up again in spetmeber or october but it is not about game programming and more aimed at high school level programming.

I am not realy sure how a game programming contest whould work, if you have ideas about how one would let me know and i might be able to add some game realted questions to DWITE (if they are up to our standars, markable by an AI and tony is for it).
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:34 pm   Post subject: RE:Contest-2008

From quite a while ago I recall a game programming contest involving XNA. I think they provided you with a working base than you then had to extend. It was pretty free-form, with the only requirement is that it had to resemble some part of the original. Unless I'm just making all of this up...
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:47 pm   Post subject: RE:Contest-2008

Unless a spork has taken control of tony's mind...

http://creators.xna.com/

or not, see top bar ad.
petree08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:45 am   Post subject: RE:Contest-2008

what about this for gaming contest.

The assets for the game (sprites sounds ect,everything but the code) are posted on compsci and then everyone makes games using those assets and any code.

This way the main focus will be on programing because all of the assets are already taken care of

I remeber there was a flash gaming code contest that went along these lines . I think the electric playground ran that.

It would be interesting to see the range of games that could be made with the same assets
Mackie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:29 pm   Post subject: RE:Contest-2008

That is brilliant. I'd give it a go. The judging would still most likely be biased though, not everyone likes the same kind of game.
StealthArcher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:34 pm   Post subject: RE:Contest-2008

Larger judging board=Better averaging of tastes.

However it also= Requires more members.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: