Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 a little adding pic help with my sickness game
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
hotsnow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:22 pm   Post subject: a little adding pic help with my sickness game

hey guys, I am making a game and at the end i want to add a picture..for example if a button is clicked, i want a picture to pop up, can you guys help me with that?
and also, can anyone please giv me the code for a small rectangular bar that moves in x's on a bottom left part of the screen. about 1/2 of an inch is a good length...pleasee and thank youe

any help would be highly appreciated...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
syntax_error

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:14 am   Post subject: RE:a little adding pic help with my sickness game

You may want to look up Pic.Draw, to display the image for further reference there is F10, along with the turing walk through.

Giving out code really isn't the point of this site. However, we can aid in your task at hand.

To do the small rectangular bar, look at Draw.Box again use the above resources for further reading.

As a hint, if you want your box to move left, what is changing in the x and y values of the box? Think about that, and how you can use a loop to change the values in accordance with the change.
hotsnow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:54 pm   Post subject: RE:a little adding pic help with my sickness game

ok thx i got the pic part but i want to stretch the pic out on the whole screen, can you tell me how?

Edit: ok i got that too, just Photoshoped the pic and made it larger

so cany any 1 explain the moving bar pls?
A.J

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:20 pm   Post subject: Re: a little adding pic help with my sickness game

just draw a rectangle and constantly change the x value (by incrementing it in a loop of some sort)
copthesaint

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:17 am   Post subject: RE:a little adding pic help with my sickness game

Here are some picture commands

code:
Var picture := Pic.FileNew ("picture.bmp") %(bmp is best if you want to merge)

var picture1 := Pic.Scale (picture, maxx,maxy) %(this will get the picture full screen)

var picture2 := Pic.Rotate (picture2, (amount to rotate), Pic.Width ( picture1) div 2, Pic.Hieght (picture1) div 2) %(this will rotate at the center of the picture.)

Loop
Pic.Draw (picture2,0,0,pic(Copy or Merge or UnderMerge)
end loop

Pic.Free (picture)
Pic.Free (picture1)
Pic.Free (picture2)

Of course there are many more picture functions like Pic.Blend , and Pic.Flip But those are the basics
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: