Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 U Waterloo tour 2008
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:48 pm   Post subject: U Waterloo tour 2008

Calendar Event: March 11, 2008
Event type: User News

UW is hosting their annual open house even this March break -- Tuesday, March 11

In the tradition of compsci.ca community, I'm thinking of hosting another unofficial UW campus tour, but I need to know who's interested, and during what dates. We've had university tour + wings last year, and that was quite fun.

Sorry for the late notice.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mackie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:16 pm   Post subject: RE:U Waterloo tour 2008

I'll see what I can do. I'm interested.
A.J

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:41 pm   Post subject: Re: U Waterloo tour 2008

I am DEFINITELY in for it. I know A LOT of people on compsci.ca from WCI (Waterloo Collegiate Institute) and I can give them a call and ask them.

I hope this works out Tony Razz
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:14 pm   Post subject: RE:U Waterloo tour 2008

Tuesday is my day to cook for my house, and I've got evening class after that, so I may not be able to go. If we're going for dinner, and I can change with one of my housemates, then I can go.

What is the day plan? I want an itinerary, Tony! (Preferably laminated.)
syntax_error

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:28 pm   Post subject: RE:U Waterloo tour 2008

if its laminate, I'll even come! from Toronto!
Skynet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:44 pm   Post subject: Re: U Waterloo tour 2008

I may be available. Someone's got to tell them about Tron, Tony Razz
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:47 pm   Post subject: RE:U Waterloo tour 2008

I'm interested.
Mackie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:37 pm   Post subject: RE:U Waterloo tour 2008

Does anyone know how to get to Waterloo from Oshawa, if you can't drive and have no ride?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cinjection

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:45 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:U Waterloo tour 2008

Mackie @ Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:37 pm wrote:
Does anyone know how to get to Waterloo from Oshawa, if you can't drive and have no ride?

Go Train?

I was thinking about coming down from Toronto, but the weather is going to be horrible for that...
Clayton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:02 pm   Post subject: RE:U Waterloo tour 2008

I think Tony already knows my answer. This should be great, hopefully it'll be a better turnout than last year.
jernst

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:09 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:U Waterloo tour 2008

Cinjection @ Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:45 pm wrote:
Mackie @ Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:37 pm wrote:

Go Train?

I was thinking about coming down from Toronto, but the weather is going to be horrible for that...

I don't think Go Train would work, Waterloo still isnt connected to it, youd need to do via or greyhound
PaulButler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:54 pm   Post subject: RE:U Waterloo tour 2008

I'm in.
Mackie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:20 am   Post subject: RE:U Waterloo tour 2008

I really want to go but, lack the transportation. Sad
Very sad...

If Clayton's going I have to. I need to show him who's boss. Razz
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:42 am   Post subject: RE:U Waterloo tour 2008

I might come, depending on the date and other stuff since Waterloo isn't all that close!
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:35 am   Post subject: RE:U Waterloo tour 2008

So it looks like Tuesday will work for most people (with a few exceptions), so lets assume that date for now.

Re: transportation -- there's a greyhound route going from the Toronto terminal (at Bay and Dundas) directly to the University of Waterloo, and back. The return bus leaves at 5pm, which might be kind of early if we are all staying for dinner after, but the same ticket can be used (with no questions asked) to leave from the Kitchener terminal at a variety of later times. The terminal is directly accessible by a bus from UW.

Also, I'll be driving from Toronto myself, so there might be some car-pooling involved.

@Cervantes -- I'm working on getting things laminated. Though for now, I'm thinking something along the lines of:

- meet up and introduce ourselves over lunch
- campus tour: Engineering -> Library (DC) -> CS -> CS/MATH -> Student-Life-Centre
- hopefully I'll find someone in a residence to volunteer their room for examination. Otherwise we'll just ninja our way in anyway.
- do various things of interest. This was fairly improv last year
- (@Clayton: the DDR machine... and the entire arcade it seems, is gone)
- finish up over some wings at the local pub, next to campus
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 39 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: