Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How do You Make Trailing Image Effect?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
riveryu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:52 pm   Post subject: How do You Make Trailing Image Effect?

how do u make trailing image effect?

ex. a ball moves through the air, forms images of the ball in the path that it moved through with each image fading continuously until transparency 100. The images forming and fading fast enough to create a "tail" trailing the ball.

Are there built in functions for this sort of image manipulation or do I have to photoshop images and use the created sprites?

Some1 help, i want to know how to implement this into a game, ex.pong
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Euphoracle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:17 pm   Post subject: RE:How do You Make Trailing Image Effect?

That's called motion blur. You have to redraw the circle using lighter (higher) RGB values to get that effect and capture the location of the ball each few frames to draw it in place.
riveryu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:14 pm   Post subject: RE:How do You Make Trailing Image Effect?

Thanks a lot, but can turing manipulate the imported images to create this "motion blur"?

or is this only available when u draw the images urself...(i hate sprites, they r so tedious to code)
petree08

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:44 pm   Post subject: RE:How do You Make Trailing Image Effect?

also there are ways to do a "dissolve" in turing

for example
setscreen ("graphics:max,max,offscreenonly")
const INTENSITY := 100
var X : int
X := 1
colorback (7)

cls

loop
for I : 1.. INTENSITY
drawline (Rand.Int (0,maxx), Rand.Int (0,maxy), Rand.Int (0, maxx), Rand.Int (0,maxy),7)
end for
drawfilloval (X, 100, 10, 10, 10) % draws green %ball
X := X + 1
View.Update
end loop

this draws 100 random black lines instead of clearing the screen
riveryu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:01 pm   Post subject: RE:How do You Make Trailing Image Effect?

thx a lot petree
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: