Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Assignment Help and Tips
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
iliamo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:41 pm   Post subject: Assignment Help and Tips

Hey guys, I've been looking at this forum for a little while now, and it's helped me in many ways with Turing, being a beginner. But now I need some help or tips for something specific. I have to make a game with the following specifics:

The game must display a maze on the screen, the player then moves a "mouse" using arrow keys from the start of the maze to the end which is a block of cheese. The mouse can't go through walls etc.. Its path should be clearly shown on the screen. Points are awarded by: time it takes to navigate through, and the amount of turns it takes the player to get to the cheese. There should be three mazes, each increasing and decreasing in size and difficulty (selected by the player at the beginning of the game).

The game is supposed to use buttons for menus and stuff, and I really have no idea where to begin. It's not supposed to use anything too advanced in Turing, just using main simple beginner code. If anyone could please help, just some tips or instructions or guidelines that would help me figure this out. I don't need the whole program to be written, although feel free to Wink , but help would be appreciated.

Thanks Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
syntax_error

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:38 pm   Post subject: Re: Assignment Help and Tips

to draw your mazes
just have them in a txt file it makes life soo much easier to edit and stuff
and I dont think reading a txt file in turing isnt hard at all
check the turing walkthough there a gold mine of information there
check it ok if you need any cleafications form that ask?
iliamo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:18 pm   Post subject: RE:Assignment Help and Tips

thanks, is there a way to draw the maze in paint or a draw program, then import it in and have the user be going over it?

also, what commands will i need?
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:28 am   Post subject: RE:Assignment Help and Tips

You could certainly load an image file to use for a background, with Pic.Draw(). Some beginners like to use whatdotcolour() to interper the colours of the image as a map, but the implementation usually ends up buggy. It's best to hold the maze layout in memory, as a 2D array.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: