Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Importing GIF Pictures
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
TripleBla

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:14 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Importing GIF Pictures

Clayton @ Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:27 pm wrote:
While I completely disagree with this thread to begin with, that statement is an absolute, no doubt about it, infringement on [The Rules]. You had no right to say such a thing to momop. Now, to add something constructive, while your school has a redistribution license, it has a redistribution licence for the version that it payed for. If they payed for 4.0.3, then they can redistribute 4.0.3, not 4.1.

Ah, I suppose there was an infringement on the rules involving momop. He was spamming my thread with grammatically, and intellectually incorrect information. In my opinion, his post should be deleted, but that's all a forum is right? A Place for someone to teach, display, and argue their opinions.

On the topic of my school having a license for 4.0.3, and not 4.1. Again, I've said it before, the URL I linked earlier in this thread - clearly states - "All Ontario Secondary Schools (and their students / teachers) are entitled to Turing 4.1"

Let's see here.... because you have to buy it? Really, I'm sure that if you wanted Turing 4.1 that badly, just for one, stupid, poorly implemented module, you can find it out there on the internet. Then you can go ahead with your plan and give it to your teacher, infringing on the board's redistribution license. I really don't care.

The thing you're failing to grasp is. I'm not a pirate, I don't want to scroll through untrusted websites and forums, to find a possibly infected version of Turing. The reason I asked CompSci.ca for help, is because the forum and generally most of it's members are trusted.

Also, on the subject of getting a teacher to change the language of choice out of Turing: Turing is not a mandated, set in stone language for instruction. While it is (unfortunately), a highly common language, it is not the end-all be all. Other languages allowed to be used are (and this list is incomplete), Visual Basic (.NET, 6.0 etc.), Java (usually using RTP, another piece of shit from Holt), C++, Pascal, Python, and I've even heard of a school using Lisp. So believe me when I say you are not limited in choices here.

The problem is, Turing is mandated, in all Ontario schools. It's part of the government written curriculum. I can not change what language our school provides, I can only hope to provide the latest copy of Turing, for the ease of myself and anyone else who is 'entitled' to it through the Ontario government.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Carey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Importing GIF Pictures

Holy crap TripleBla!!! Suck it up!! Get an antivirus program and find a bitTorent file. You don't seem to get it. NOBODY ON THIS SITE WILL GIVE YOU TURING 4.1. Deal with it!!!

can a mod lock this please?
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:11 pm   Post subject: RE:Importing GIF Pictures

Well i do think your reply was a bit of a flame carey and a bit imporite i will lock this topic.

CompSci.ca's server is localted in the USA where there DMCA law does include things like provding infomration about how to break copy right. So in general i say we can not tell you where to get any copy of pay for software on this site, turing or not.

It also is not just about copy right, in part it is out of respect for the programers of such software who did work on it and whould like to be payed for there work. Weather they desverive it or not is not realy up for us to say, as we live in a cpalistic socity the best way to say this whould be by buying it or not and going with out it.

As for redistrubtion linces you have to have been given such a licneses to do the redistrubting. Just becues you school can give it to you does not mean any one eltes here can acording to there linceses. The redustrubting has to be done by the person whith the redistrutbtion linceses.

Also if you acuatly read the OESS page corectly you whould note it only says it is avaible for teachers and student teachers NOT high school students. So unless you are an universty student, in the Faculties of Education and on a student teacher placment you are not entited to anything. To my knowalge ontario school boards DO NOT have a redsiutuion linceses unless there school or school borad goeses out of there way to buy one them selves (speart from the deal with the mynsitcy of education).

In summry no linking to or posting software with out the creators permisons unless the software is lincesed under a lincses where it cleary satas it can be fully distrubited freely like a open score licnes. Why? Becues i side so, end of debate.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 33 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: