Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Start of wolfenstein 3D
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:34 am   Post subject: Start of wolfenstein 3D

This is my raycast test. I included a map editor, press 1-4 to select a wall type, 'q' to save and quit, a 2D top down representation of the word (drawn to scale), an untextured projection of the world(for slower computers), and a fully textured projection of the world(a bit slow). Use the w-a-s-d keys to move around. Some of the code was copied and pasted from my tile tutorial, raycasting uses 2d tiles to project the world.

EDIT: I uploaded the newest version. Only difference is that there is a new version called HiRes, which looks REALLY great, but is REALLY slow.

ray.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ray.rar
 Filesize:  15.7 KB
 Downloaded:  466 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:09 pm   Post subject: RE:Start of wolfenstein 3D

I am definitely going to redo this is c++ /SDL, Turing is very slow. If anyone ants to carry on with this, they may, but please ask first (and give credit).
DIIST

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Start of wolfenstein 3D

Not bad. Nice to see you got started in doing something 3d. Wink
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:12 pm   Post subject: RE:Start of wolfenstein 3D

Lol, it's not really 3D, it's pseudo 3D since there is no Z axis.

Your 3D engine is so awesome though.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: