Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 (URGENT) Parallel Port Bidirectional? I really need to get this done
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Kenster102.5

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:40 pm   Post subject: (URGENT) Parallel Port Bidirectional? I really need to get this done

So I am taking a Grade 11 Engineering Class, and my current project had me using a car model or creating a car with working lights, and it would be recieving via Parallel Port, instructions from Turing 4.1.1, should light different LED's up based on a selection program to run the lights. I have built my own Parallel Port Cable, crimping pins, grounded pin 18, etc. I know that I have to go into BIOS and set the port for Bidirectional. So do a select EPP, ECP. Is it the COM Port, or the ECP Printer Port, that will be changed
Thanks
Ken
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
HeavenAgain

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:55 pm   Post subject: RE:(URGENT) Parallel Port Bidirectional? I really need to get this done

after googling for the picture, ECP Printer Port looks like the one you will be using (since COM Port doesnt even have 18 pins, and thats the one i used at school)

but i have no idea about that BIOS part.

hmm other that that good luck Smile
Wolf_Destiny

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:23 pm   Post subject: Re: (URGENT) Parallel Port Bidirectional? I really need to get this done

Since you're using the parallel port why the hellz are you thinking that the bios has to be changed?
There are two important commands here:
parallelput and parallelget
Look them up, that's how you output and input with the parallel port. Didn't your teacher tell you that?
Also if you're just turning on and off lights why should it be bidirectional, aren't you just outputting to the car?
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: