Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 ftpin my game
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
krishon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 9:00 pm   Post subject: ftpin my game

now that my game is done, can i just ftp it to that new turing ftp site you made dan??

Kris
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can send your source code to ether myself or Dan to be aproved (just to make sure you didn't put any virouses in there), then we'll put up an .exe version of it up on FTP. Don't worry, source code will not be destributed or sold to anyone.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:13 pm   Post subject: hey

the way the ftp site is set up you can only download stuff. i have been thinking of seting up a folder for poleop to subite stuff but they coude send viurs and like full up the server. so get in conat with me or tony and we can post it like tony sided. it is up to you when you whont your socurs code out there or just an exe.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
krishon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony, my files are like 12 mgs, cuz there some music files and stuff. How could i send it, cuz its REALLY REALLY BIG for email, lol
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can create a webpage account on geocities.com (its free). They offer 15MBs of space where you can upload all your files, then I can just get them from there and move them to SWAT FTP.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
krishon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

um..how do i load the files??
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

go to "easy upload" from main page (its somewhere on the right side) and select your files. You can zip them up if you want, though I think they have a limit of 5mb per file
krishon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think i might have to ftp a music file cuz its like 5.43 mgs, too big for the uploadin
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
krishon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

could i also email u some of my files cuz the upload thing dusn't accept names wit spaces, and i need the spaces for my files to work.
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sure, as long as they don't take up much space
krishon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

and also, how can i put the actual files on my website, i uploaded them, but wut do i do next?
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:06 am   Post subject: ziping time

i whode zip them so they are one file and smaler then all you have to do is like it like you whode any other html page.

ie. http://www.yoursite.com/myfiles.zip

that shode start a download thing when you click on it

P.S. congrations you are the 1st non-mod to get over 50 post
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
krishon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, thx, u can asak tony for the game, he has it
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: