Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing w/ Registry? ^_^
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
uberwalla

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:10 pm   Post subject: Turing w/ Registry? ^_^

is there a way that turing can enter the windows regitstry and edit it and stuff like that?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't think so
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Hackmaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you know... what's stopping it? all it needs to do is find the files... you would need to specify the filepath, and then you would need to find some way to change it. remeber, the GUI on the registry is just for humans... your program isn't gonna get that benifit.
TokenHerbz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Im sure someone like Cervantes, and others with alot of knowledge in both Turing and the computer itself, could do it.

This dose not mean they will help you, As it can be used for some bad things, which this isn't the website for such a thing.
Hackmaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya. but token, you can use the registy for good as well. for example:

I don't really like this one, but freeware that has expiry dates. If the company is smart, they will make a registry entry that will prevent you from uninstalling and playing indefiniatly. of course, if you know what you are doing, like myself, you can hack it so that it is unlimited play anyhow.

just saying...
ericfourfour

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, the registry is simply data stored on the hard drive. This means you can access it with Turing. Do some research. You may find out some interesting information.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

alright, there's no build in, easy to use way to edit the registry through Turing. Though that's seriously not something that you need to be doing anyways.

Windows registry is kind of like a dumping ground for a bunch of config values. Ultimatly you can get the same results with just saving to a text file in a predefined location, and not deleting it upon uninstall.

Unless you want to edit other program's registry values... in such a case, Turing should not be your tool of choice.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
TokenHerbz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Actually i think there are files, and folders turing cant access, modify, or delete.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Hackmaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you know, token, I'm pretty sure that the only files that turing can't edit are the ones that are either passworded or that are encrypted. I think it can accsess just about everything else.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

encrypted files are fine, they just don't make sense until you decode the content.

The problem would be with read-only files, such as those in system folders. Though that's handled by the OS, not Turing's fault.
uberwalla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ok just wondering is there a way to actually run a application in through turing and tell turing what to do in the app then close it. as an example...

start regedit (windows registry editor) then go into the internet explorer stuff and change the main font to a dif font through turing.

is that possible?
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

uberwalla wrote:
start regedit ... and change ... through turing.

is that possible?

no, Turing's as good as Window's command line (meaning not good at all) with no output returned.

Here's a fun idea - use Firefox instead of IE. Very Happy
Hackmaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there is a good chance you can!

I haven't tested this (and I'm not going to for fear of messing with my comp) but why not give it a shot? you have some old computers lying around... check around on the web. not just this site, because we usually don't go into stuff like this. but if It can be done in one language, there is a damn good chance you can do it in turing. and i'm pretty sure it can be done. it has to be... windows has to be able to do it!

by the way... tony is totally right. go get firefox. right now. firefox. com... I think that they just realesd version 2.0... so you are set! IE SUCKS!! (but great to hack! Twisted Evil
uberwalla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i use both Razz both my comps have the two ^_^
Hackmaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh... I have 5... only 2 work right now tho, and only one is a p4. Laughing
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: