Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Transparency in DOSOOT v2.5
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Qweet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:33 pm   Post subject: Transparency in DOSOOT v2.5

Is there any way to do transparent sprite blitting in DOSOOT v2.5? I can't find any but have to make a game in it for a project and it would really, really help if I could use transparency.

Thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If your school is using DOS Turing v2.5... well I'm sure that violates more then one law Laughing

I'm serious though, like how old is that piece of crap?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

we used turin 2.0 for half our course then our school got some money(principal went bank robbery) and we got new version 4.0.0(i think)
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

we did turing 8 for the first month then went over to 3.11
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

ha! i beat you all. when i started comp sci last year guess what we used for the first half of the course?

textbooks! and not even programming related textbooks, just noobish computers for dummies kind of textbook (they were actually 'for dummies' but you had to be pretty dumb if they taught you anything). it was halfway through the semester when the teacher actually introduced turing, and it was 3.11

but it was kinda funny, before we started he told us that if we wanted a copy of turing for home use we could order it for $75 or something like that. yet, as soon as you opened turing you'd get a nice message saying that it was registered to riverside secondary school. (but wait a minute... i go to massey...)
Bruski

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hehe...or u can rip them off the internet...in our class ppl hook each other up with turing...teachers like "yes im sure can get them by other illegal means"....but its all good we in canada...hehe we rich fuckers at this school, cept dude we have dells.... Mad ....i learned more from this site than i learned with my teacher...you ppl are too good with this shit...and sad to say...we learning this in CompEng
Qweet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well I'm glad I sparked such an interesting conversation... and our school has all sorts of Turing versions, but we have to use 2.5 (i think its from 1995). Anyway, back to my original question, is there a way to make transparent sprites in this version? Picmerge doesnt function so all i've got is XOR.

Any thoughts?
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dont think you can then... You could draw it pixel by pixel using whatdotcolor Confused If speed is not important to you.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Qweet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, I tried a pixel by pixel drawing routine, but it went really slow because there's no backbuffer support in this turing.

I've come upon a pretty reasonable solution. Since I'm drawing a targeting reticle that moves with the mouse (so you can shoot things!) I wanted it to be transparent as it moved over the background. What I do is draw the reticle (using like drawline and stuff), but how do i erase it right? What i did was set up a takepic before I draw the reticle, then I draw the reticle, delay, draw the image I takepicked, and then move the position and start all over again. It works pretty well.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: