Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 no execution
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

teaching is about getting students to ask the right questions, and possibly pointing them to the proper Wikipedia article Laughing

It's quite a disappoitment that the education degrades to 'study to pass a test' as oppose to 'study to learn'. I bet there are kids out there who could get amazing SAT (and such standardized tests) scores, and yet not really know much, just how to fill out the 'correct' bubbles.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
CyberGeek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I agree with you 100% Tony.
As0k

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

anyways all im gonna say is i didnt use this help during school the problem i posted was resolved by myself without the help of this post so thx for everyone taking their time and replying to my post even though i fixed the problem.
NikG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

As0k, it's great that you fixed the problem on your own. that's the best way to learn.

the lesson you can take from this, then, is if in the future you have a problem, take a little time to try and solve it yourself before posting it here or elsewhere.
you'll find that you'll be able to figure out a lot of your probs on your own, and you'll learn faster that way.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: