Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Putting on a website / .exe
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
s3arkay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:41 pm   Post subject: Putting on a website / .exe

I was wondering if yoiu were to put on a website and click a link to run the program would that be a .exe file?

With saying that how do you make a turing file into a .exe???

All help is thankful.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The first part of your question is a bit confusing, I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, so it's hard to give a good reply. As for the second part, there is a tutorial on the subject over here.
s3arkay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[Gandalf] wrote:
The first part of your question is a bit confusing, I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, so it's hard to give a good reply. As for the second part, there is a tutorial on the subject over here.

ok thats good thanks..

Lets say if I were to make a website. Could I just put a link to this .exe file and other people run it from their own computers?
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, they'd have to download it first, but you could do that (if you don't want to give away your source code). However, you wouldn't be able to make it run from their web browser.
s3arkay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
Well, they'd have to download it first, but you could do that (if you don't want to give away your source code). However, you wouldn't be able to make it run from their web browser.

K, I got what you guys mean now... thanks for all the help
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Also it whould only work if they where using a window based OS, mac, linux, unix are not going to run a exe unless some speshal emulation software is installed. Idealy i whould put both the sorce and exe files if you whont the most number of peoleop to use it, that is if you are ok with poeleop seeing your code. (yes there is a mac verson of turing.)
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
aldreneo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You know what somebody asked me once? Can you do this
code:

<embed src="exe.exe"></embed>

I just said "No, You cant"

In my mind I was laughing like crazy
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey you never know what IE will alow. If they let you get away with active x compents might as well run exes in IE.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
aldreneo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya, but if your smart you would not allow active X in the first place

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Leo Laporte always talks about Active X scripting and how not to use IE, but use Firefox or IE7 Beta. But why would Microsoft put Active X in IE? It probably makes the coding much simpler, or it must have some use.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

vahnx wrote:
Leo Laporte always talks about Active X scripting and how not to use IE, but use Firefox or IE7 Beta. But why would Microsoft put Active X in IE? It probably makes the coding much simpler, or it must have some use.

Simpley it lets you run applications on there computer. Dose not make anything more simple just more complicated and dangures. Why dose M$ do anything?
NikG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
vahnx wrote:

Simpley it lets you run applications on there computer. Dose not make anything more simple just more complicated and dangures. Why dose Microsoft do anything?
Doesn't Windows Update run off of an Active X prog? Now obviously it'd be safer to just download the updates and run them our self, but Windows Update exists for most computer users that either wouldn't know how to update or wouldn't bother to do so.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yep it dose, and i wish it did not. Forces peoleop to use IE and casues secuirty holes.

I realy do not think some one whould have a horibale time downloading and runing somthing. And if they made it auto download and install them to start with rather then adding that in, in SP2 it whould not be an issue.
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

try this

right click desktop, create shortcut, link it to C:\windows\system32\calc.exe

name it www.microsoft.com

go to internet explorer and type www.microsoft.com

I love IE.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: