Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Whack a Mole
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
brazilian_princess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:39 pm   Post subject: Whack a Mole

alritey, for my final project im makin a whack a mole game. the only problem is i suck... so, i dont really kno how to make the moles keep poping out without waitin for the user to click on one before.... i dont kno if i explained that to well, but if i did, can ya help? thanks Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if you have no idea how to do something, maybe you should pick another project Wink

though then again... that way you not gonna learn anything Confused

To keep moles popping in/out, you just use a timer. While running the waiting loop, also check for time, and if mole is out for long enough, its time for it to pop back in Very Happy
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
naoki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

make the mole popping out a process and if it is out of the hole you set a boolean to false
then use mouse.where and if it clicks in a certain area while the boolean is false then you've scored a hit. end the mole process for that hole.

you'll basically want to loop the mole processes and use mouse.where, and don't forget about tony's timer thing too
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya or u can have the mole to be the a couple of coulors then use whatdotcolor
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

don't listen to andy(dodge_tomahawk) he is on crack. if you want a fast efficient program, don't use whatdotcolor. whatdotcolor takes too much memory, and since your checking to see if you've hit the mole, whatdotcolor will just be a waste of memory. Instead, just set restrictions on the x and y value of where your mole is.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

die meng... whatdotcolor is not slow, not if ur checking only one pixel... and but ur rite about the unefficency tho
just have an array of now many hows there are
code:

var numholes,x,y,button,circleradius :int
var circlex,circley:array 1..numholes of int
var mole:array 1.. numholes of boolean
for i:1..numholes
mole(i):=false
end for
process switchholes
loop
mole(i):=false
end for
mole(Rand.Int(1,numholes):=true
delay(1000)
end loop
end numholes

end switchholes
loop
mousewhere(x,y,button)
if ((circlex(i)-x)**2) + ((circley(i)-y)**2)<=circleradius**2 and mole(i)then
%do what ever u wanna do here
end if
end for
end loop

this is basicly what ur looking for numholes is how many holes u have, circleradius is the radius of the holes if u wanna have a score, just have a new variable and add one to it if a mole is wacked
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: