Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Tic-Tac-toe- need help making it in turing
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MaconBacon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:18 am   Post subject: Tic-Tac-toe- need help making it in turing

Tic-Tac-Toe - The children's game of Tic-Tac-Toe is played between two players.

I need suggestions on how to make this game.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

draw a 3 by 3 grid and use the mouse to select in which cell you want to place your symbol... I donno what other sujestions you need... maybe a counter for the wins (well... mostly ties)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
poly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i just thought of a game that you could do, that would be fun and wouldn't be too challenging to create. Make a game like HollyWood squares tv show. Have it so when they pick a box to place there x/o they must answer a random question, if they get it right they get that square if they get it wrong they get nothing
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think he should get the basic Tic-Tac-Toe working first Razz

to start with, I wouldn't reccommend using fancy graphics or mouse input or whatever... instead ask which row and column they want to go in

you will definately need a 3x3 array of ints to keep track of who has which square (ex empty would be 0, X would be 1, O would be 2)
just work with a small little output of what's in the array until you get your square picking (so it will not allow them to pick a square that already has something in it) and win checking done

as a hint, you could use a counted loop to 9 (maximum moves...) and exit it when some function that checks if someone has won results true
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have a 4x4x4 tic-tac-toe game submitted in turing submissions. i am not sure if i submitted the source code or an executable. you can check it out either way
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it was an executable
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

bugz, post the source code man, we're all dying to see how you made it...
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dream on andrew
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Grey_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I would suggest using the mouse. It's not hard using the mousewhere command and it makes the game so much better.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

once he gets the basic program working, sure put in graphics and mouse and all that... but first worry about making the actual game work... once that's done it's not difficult to change a few put statements to draw statements and a couple get statements to a mouse.where statement... however... the fancier you make it, the more complicated it will become, and the more complicated it is, then the more things there are to go wrong... which could end up making debugging the actual game a real pain in the ass if the problem actually lies in your fancy input or output...
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

come on jack, and y are u calling me andrew? that's not my name...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: