Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Problem with turing
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well come on... WinOOT is half-ass Object Oriented... Use that... Procedures, Functions, Classes, etc...

If your program is just one single procedure... well thats not right.

You can try using LOOPs insdtead of GoTo Label... something like this:

loop
exit if flag
exit
end loop

loop2
exit if flag
exit
end loop2

Basically if you put exit right in front of end loop, it will never loop, but it will become a piece of code that you can skip by setting your flag variable. Maybe you can use that to skip right to the part of the code you need.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
krishon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

of course my thing isn't one procedure, that would be so stupid:lol:. I wuz just refering to the saving variables part. But that dusn't matta now, i'll give ur idea a try
krishon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:20 am   Post subject: (No subject)

dan, ur rpg keeps on having a problem. On line 57 it says illegal pic identifier. ur game seems really interesting. I've finished mine now, but i want to test urs out. How can u fix it?
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

this coude be for a few reasonse, it was made for turing 3.1.1 so if you got thay us it in there. also try resting turing i coude be a sprit bug turing 3.1.1. in ation to these make shure all the files where installed.

as for you progame i dont know if you still got a go to labe in your pogame but from my experice goto is a very very very very bad thing to use in a progame. i have done serverl colage cores and some of the first things they tell you for alsomt any lagnuge that has somting like goto is DO NOT USE IT. even my old high school teacher was angested it.

i wil doble check my progame and see whats with that line
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

did they give you any reason for NOT using GoTo ? I mean if its available, then its there for a reason.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:58 am   Post subject: humm

ok, i just looked at line 57 and here are some ideas,

1. make shure the file key.bmp is in the main qftb dir

2. make shure you are only runing the main.t file

3. some times in turing 3.1.1 when you close the dir brower it will not load pics right.

4. try install the filesto c:\qftb\

5. try resting oot and runing it befor anything eltes

also is this line 57 of mian.t or a difrent file and dose it show anything or dose it just come up with the error?

if you get it ruing i whode like to know your opione on it, it was my 11st rpg in turing and my 1st big turing potgect.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

to tonys re:

they side stuff ranging from it was bad from, it is more truble then it is good, it is a bad habit, almost all progames shode use a kind of loop and/or fuction or prosget to repate stuff.

i only relay keeped on aking when my high school teacher siade it and she did not know anthing so she coude not tell me much more then what she was tolad.

i think it is for servaer reason:

1. it showsbad form in your progaming skills (you relay shode not need one)

2. it can mess your prgame up if used wrong or even when you think you are using it right. (make messed up loops, run wrong things, ect)

3. some times in lauges there are a lot of fuction names and stuff that you may call using goto wich whode be bad.

4. you losse marks if it is for school

well thats all i can think of now, you are right in that it is there for areasion but i think it is very rare. for poleop that are new to progaming in any lauge it is just safe to say dont use it.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Confused ok...

Personally I use it often for ErrorHandling. You actually LOSE marks if you DON"T use it.

Thats the only thing it should really be used for... Otherwise since I'm doing Object Oriented programming, I got tons of SUBs that are usually very small in size with no space for GoTo's.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
krishon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yah.....i found another way to go to the program, but it took a long time. I just copied and pasted the code. It works well, just that there is a longer delay time than usual, y?
krishon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh yeah, its line 57 of the main.t. It shows a white background and then the message pops up
krishon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dun't thinkt he key.bmp if in the main directory. where is it???
krishon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

they're still problems with sprites
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:58 pm   Post subject: la la la

hummm, very odd. you cude try resinaling it to see if the key.bmp file will install.

take to me onmsn about it if you still can get it to wrok.
krishon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

k, now it works, cool game, but HOW DO I GET OUTA TOWN!!!!!
krishon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

a problem is occuring. I saved the game. When i went back to the game, there wuz a message from one of the rpg files. wuts wrong?
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 6  [ 82 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: