Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing -> C++ translator
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
C++ is an awful language (there wtd, I said it) and is slowly dying out in favour of more modern languages (such as Java), especially in server applications.

C++ is a beastly language to learn as a beginner, but I don't know that I'd go so far as to say it's an awful language. It has some interesting ideas like templates, but they're poorly implemented by most compilers.

In terms of widespread usage, yes, the likes of Java and C# are more visible, but there are plenty of C++ jobs still out there. No, Java is not more modern than C++. They are both firmly rooted in the 60s and 70s. Yes, there has been progress since then.

Quote:
Really, don't bother with it. Learn C instead

Do bother with it. At some point. It's worth the bother. Learn C too.

Quote:
C++ is just like a v2.0 of C

No, it really isn't, and if you think it is, then you need a much deeper understanding of the language. C++ is an entirely different programming language that just happens to be mostly compatible with C. If you want a truly pure extension of C, then I strongly encourage you to learn Objective-C, which is a fantastic programming language.

Quote:
Language preference is up to the individual.

Yes, it is. However, it must be founded on a good understanding of the options.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think the moral of the story (topic) is that there is somthing to be gained from studying all langues and that sitcking or progaming only one will leave you quite static in your ablitys and probly unemoplyed in the futter.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 32 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: