Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 looking for a challenge
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Clayton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:50 pm   Post subject: looking for a challenge

i am looking for something that might have some use to other ppl, nothing too complicated though as im not that good of a programmer, but nothing too simple either, any suggestions that might give me a bit of a challenge would be great (no games plz)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Functional music player. Must include:
- list of playable songs
- ability to add/remove from library (interactive browser would be useful to select files, you know, one of those typical 'Open' dialogues)
- switching between tracks (Turing won't be able to do the scrolling through a track)
- CD support

Must not:
- crash if files are not found
- crash if cat jumps on keyboard and presses an odd combination of keys
- use Turing GUI (make your own - challenge in itself!)
- look ugly Very Happy

- bonus if you can get a track progression bar! (You'll need to be able to determine the song length then the time elapsed. Several places to derive length from, perhaps incorporate file size and bitrate.)
- bonus if you can get ID3 tags included!

That should keep you busy for a while. Good luck.
Clayton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thank you ill try that and see what i can get
i dont know what i can do about not using turings gui though because im not exactly sure how it works to begin with if you can help me out on how to make my own that would be great
thnx
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There's apparently a very cool GUI toolkit for Turing at https://sourceforge.net/projects/s-engine . I've never tried it, but here's a screenshot comparing S-engine (on the left) to regular Turing GUI (on the right) right here
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: