Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 credit card program
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ghj

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:11 pm   Post subject: credit card program

hi i really need some help figuring out this program...i just found out last minute and its due tommorow! so help will be really appreciated!!!!!!!

Assignment Grade Ten Turing
They can work on a program that will take a 9 digit number and using mod(%) and div(/) they will extract the 2nd, 5th and 7th digits. The program then will check to see if the product of the 2nd and 5th digits divided by the 7th digit is equal to 10. If this is so then the 9 digit number is valid.
123456789 (2*5)/ 7 is not equal to 10 not valid
183456489 (8*5)/4 is equal to 10 valid
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wait wait, let me get this straight.. so basicly, you signed up to this website without reading the rules, then post your homework, and expect us to do it for you?
Clayton

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

sure looks that way to me, u know they should really have some way of making u read the rules so that u dont get stupid topics like this
iker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

SuperFreak82 wrote:
sure looks that way to me, u know they should really have some way of making u read the rules so that u dont get stupid topics like this

I've already suggested this and was told ether "theres no way we can do this" or "its going to be in V3", but i can't remember... and realy, what can we do?
Drakain Zeil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well it's not like it's even a difficult program...

We COULD make a flash movie that sends a signal to the server at the end of it, to make sure that they watched it all. The movie would come up on your first entrance to the "help on ____" forum.
md

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Of you know, have the rules in a nice big list, with a check box at the end of each rule. That wa you need to check off all the rules before you can hit submit to join.
redrenagade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Jokes...Looks like you are on your own in solving your problems dude. Good luck, although it does not seem that difficult a program, I could always be wrong.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: