Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 "offscreenonly" problem
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
caldrium

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:51 pm   Post subject: "offscreenonly" problem

hello, thank you all for you assistance in all my past questions

i hace completed my project but there just is 1 task left

problem:
i use setscreen ("offscreenonly") so my game stops flashing and no one gets a seizure, but when text comes up, after i die (i want to disable offscreen at this time) i have to alt tab to see the text. If anyone can help this project is due tommorrow and i would like to fix this problem to achieve a great mark.

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
cool dude

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not sure if i'm too late. but i'm sure u could edit it still because i don't think the teacher started marking. not sure this will work b/c no code to test it but u could just make a new setscreen and say "nooffscreenonly"
RedRogueXIII

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

View.Set("text")- switches to text mode but what you need is a View.Update after you draw the text to the screen.
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

RedRogueXIII wrote:
View.Set("text")- switches to text mode but what you need is a View.Update after you draw the text to the screen.

in code this would be as an ex)
code:

View.Set("offscreenonly")
put "Use View.Update any time anything is added or changed to the screen."
View.Update

the offscreenonly part means that any changes done to the screen is done but not visually, then you use View.Update to update the screen with these changes, thus eliminating the flashiness of drawing and clearing and drawing and clearing of the screen.
caldrium

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

haha, alright thanks everyone, i just checked this morning, and im handing it in today Very Happy, thanks so much for everyones help during all these stupid questions i ask lol thanks agian.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: