Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Help Needed to exit a process (Music)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Da_Big_Ticket

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:53 am   Post subject: Help Needed to exit a process (Music)

Im running a program with music, and i have a procedure to bring up a closing screen when the user clicks a button i made. The music i have running in a process remains to run even when all windows are closed. I have knowledge of Music.PlayFileStop and Music.SoundOff, but these commands does not exit the process they stop the song for a second and then the song runs again. Right now i have this code but is still not solving the problem

code:

loop
Music.PlayFileStop
end loop

This stops the music from being outputted but it obviously still makes the program run in the background without windows. Anyone have a solution?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Da_Big_Ticket

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

* BUMP *
Delos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok, never bump a topic half an hour after posting it. That is just...wrong. People are here on their own time helping out other people. No one gets paid, we rarely get recognized. We do this because, well, we can and because we feel this community has a lot to offer.

Press F10. Look up Music.PlayFileReturn(). This is far superior to using a process and Music.PlayFile() within it.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

code:
Music.PlayFileLoop

to stop ->
code:
Music.PlayFileStop

Check out the param. in F10
Note: works only in Turing 4.05
Da_Big_Ticket

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks man, it worked.

Sorry about the bump, I knew it wasnt smartest thing to do because it is somewhat ignorant, its just turing can fustrate me easlily and take unnecessary time and im kind of stressed out baout the program (worth 15% overall mark)
codemage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Best way to end processes is to not start them in the first place. Crying or Very sad
blaster009

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Every time I see a process I want to put my foot through my computer...Bleeding, laggy, inefficient things...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: