Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 CLS help...really easy question...
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
wisheshewasgood

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:32 pm   Post subject: CLS help...really easy question...

I have a problem that for some reason I can't fix...I'm extremely new so hold with me here:

code:

setscreen ( "graphics:946;800" )
Pic.ScreenLoad ("blah.jpg", 0, 0, picCopy)
Music.PlayFile ("blahblah.mid")
delay (3000)
cls
put "blahblah"

Why doesn't the screen clear and display that message is my question? Sorry if it's stupid...thanks!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wisheshewasgood

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I also forgot to mention I want the song to stop playing before the screen clears as well...
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It does. Well, at least it did when I tried it (using my own pics/music, of course). What does it do instead? It should play the music, and 3 seconds (or so) after the music started playing it should clear the screen and display the msg.
You can use Music.PlayFileStop() to cease the play of all music in your programme if you need to force a stop.
Rasta Fella

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, Delos is right. Use this command after your delay. Music.PlayFileStop. It should stop music and the message should appear.
GoVikingsGo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

remember to use this command to release the pic when u are done with it to save RAM

code:

Pic.Free (pictureID)
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: