Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Crazy Eights
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
RainbowX1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:01 pm   Post subject: Crazy Eights

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out on a Crazy Eight's card game. I'm having troubles with methods such as identifying the topcard of the shuffled deck, etc
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What have you got?

I could tell you that you need an array of cards, and that the top card is just the first element of that array, but I don't know if you know about arrays or types.
RainbowX1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

check your pm
Cervantes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You can conduct everything through replies to this thread. No need to make things private. Later, someone may be in the same situation as you, and could benefit from any help you receive in this thread.

I find it surprising that you are using classes, and yet are having trouble getting the top card off the deck.

Your Deck class would be an array of Cards, so Deck would have to import Card. Check out the Object Interaction tutorial.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
I find it surprising that you are using classes, and yet are having trouble getting the top card off the deck.

The downside of promoting OOP all the time? Wink
Cervantes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's last in the walkthrough; don't blame me!

Fishy.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: