Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 3d models into Turing
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
mehdij23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:15 pm   Post subject: 3d models into Turing

Hello everyone my name is mehdi and im currently working on a strategy/roleplaying game. I have created a 3d model in MAYA " a character" and it has a running animation.
My question is, is there anyway i can import the model somehow and have the him move around the enviroment? Question

Please post something if you know how....
wish you all the best.
Mehdi Aghakazem
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wel them you would be dealing with sprites. Is there a way you know to export the animation as gif file? Then you can use IrfanView to split the images up various jpgs and use them in turing.
mehdij23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont know...............
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There must be a way to convert the file into gif animation or save the file as a gif or a series of labelled Jpg's. Or then you must find a converter that converts the animation.
ecliptical

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:35 pm   Post subject: actually...

You can also import models into turing but first you must convert it to a *.raw file format.

There are a few 3D Engine/.Raw already created in turing so if the purpose of your game is to use an actual 3D model thats your best bet.

However to get the best visual expierence yes you should go with rendering your stuff to gif, jpgs or bitmaps depending on what version of Turing you are using.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It would be worth noting that to use 3d models with a decent polygon count for any kind of game in Turing would be impossible. Consider the limit something like 5000 polygons on a fast computer. Animation is another story altogether.

Your best bet would be to stay with 2d sprites for games in Turing. You can take your model, take some screenshots of it from different angles, and use those in a 2d sense.
mehdij23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thank you everyone for your feedbacks, i will try them and see what happens Laughing
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: