Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 LOL Virus
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
agnivohneb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:07 pm   Post subject: LOL Virus

Don't worry its not a actual virus. Just a flashing image and some LOLs.

skull2.jpg.t
 Description:
Image 2

Download
 Filename:  skull2.jpg.t
 Filesize:  1.04 MB
 Downloaded:  368 Time(s)

skull1.jpg.t
 Description:
Image 1

Download
 Filename:  skull1.jpg.t
 Filesize:  1.04 MB
 Downloaded:  273 Time(s)

main.t
 Description:
LOL Virus
Requires the other two files. You can remove them after you compile.

Download
 Filename:  main.t
 Filesize:  1018 Bytes
 Downloaded:  305 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Sam_sam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:31 pm   Post subject: RE:LOL Virus

Did you actually spend time drawing all those dots?
andrew.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:43 am   Post subject: RE:LOL Virus

I hope he didn't draw each dot manually. That's a lot of work. It looks like he made a Turing program that converts images to Turing dots though.

EDIT: I was bored so I made a converter. It can convert any image that Turing can view into a .t source file using dots.

ImagetoSource.t
 Description:
Newer, more efficient version

Download
 Filename:  ImagetoSource.t
 Filesize:  1.14 KB
 Downloaded:  239 Time(s)

Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:02 pm   Post subject: RE:LOL Virus

andrew., that's not hard. Sam_sam, necro #3.

Andrew, how well does it work? Is it limited to the 256 colors built into Turing or does it use RGB? and if it does, is it still limited to 1000 colors? I'm asking because I've done one of these and never got past the 1000 color limit. The fun part is trying to make the t file as small as possible.

EDIT: just looked over your code. Remember that Turing has only 256 default colors, and whatdotcolor will 'round' to the nearest color. So if you have a color-intensive picture, it will look very bad.
ecookman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:56 pm   Post subject: Re: LOL Virus

good program andrew

@insectoid

you are half right

refer to attachment

pvm.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  pvm.zip
 Filesize:  3.42 MB
 Downloaded:  195 Time(s)

Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:14 pm   Post subject: RE:LOL Virus

okay, s in the case of that picture it turned out cool. But still nonidentical to the original.
The_Bean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:21 pm   Post subject: Re: LOL Virus

If you refer back to this thread you can obviously see the different levels of colour.

http://compsci.ca/v3/viewtopic.php?t=19392&highlight=
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:25 pm   Post subject: RE:LOL Virus

Yup, that's the one! You can see there the difference it makes, though I'm sure with some clever programming you could check if that color is already made (either default or rgb) and if it isn't, delete one rgb, add that one, add the line to delete/create rgb color and then write the draw line to the text file. That could be interesting...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
andrew.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:58 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:LOL Virus

insectoid @ Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:02 pm wrote:
andrew., that's not hard. Sam_sam, necro #3.

Andrew, how well does it work? Is it limited to the 256 colors built into Turing or does it use RGB? and if it does, is it still limited to 1000 colors? I'm asking because I've done one of these and never got past the 1000 color limit. The fun part is trying to make the t file as small as possible.

EDIT: just looked over your code. Remember that Turing has only 256 default colors, and whatdotcolor will 'round' to the nearest color. So if you have a color-intensive picture, it will look very bad.
Yeah, I know, I've already made this somewhere with the RGB module. I am just using this as sample code. I think I will see what enhancements I can do to make it faster and more efficient like finding blocks of the same colour and stuff. Then I will apply that to my other program with RGB. I too haven't gotten past the 1000 colour barrier limit.

Oh yeah, you guys don't have to called me "andrew." You can call me Andrew. It's just the username was taken.
Sam_sam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:05 pm   Post subject: RE:LOL Virus

When you input the location... lol, how would you input it because when I input an image file location.. it doesn't work:s
andrew.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:28 am   Post subject: RE:LOL Virus

You have to put the full path.
e.g. C:/Documents and Settings/Sam_sam/My Documents/picture.jpg
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: