Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How long do you think this will take?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
bushnerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:13 pm   Post subject: How long do you think this will take?

We made a box that contained 4 buttons and LEDs and inputed the response back to the computer. We then assigned each button its own music note.

Our final project is to create a music box program with 3 levels of difficulty. The first level is to play the song and show the user how to do it on their input device.

The second one plays it, and gets the user to press the button to the key that was played.

The 3rd one gets the user to play the song by theirself and lets them know how they did at the end of the program.

How long do you think we are looking on to do this? (I want to know because I need to know how much to work on it over the xmas holidays as we only have 9 days of class after.)

If any of this is unclear, let me know, and I will try and explain it better.

Thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Geminias

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how did this box you made input to the computer? usb? serial?

if it actually inputs to the computer that means that you would have had to write drivers for it... which would mean (for one thing) you would not be posting in the turing section. Drivers are protocals so that the comptuer knows how to communicate with a hardware and they need to be written using a lower level language (ASM).

so assuming you wrote drivers and you want to make an application for this hardware why would you be interested in writing it in turing? For one, turing is not cross platform compatible...
Geminias

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

and now that i think of it... You probably mean that you made a program which displays a box on the screen with 4 lights to indicate which button pressed. But, you said LED, which is an acronym that means: "light emitting diode." It is impossible to recreate an LED on a computer screen, so that was the source of the confusion.

So to answer your question, i would estimate it would take about 2 hours or so to do what your talking about. I made something like that in VB and it took 10 minutes to code it.
md

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Using parallelget and parallelput this is entirely possible in turing (assuming a parallel port interface). As for how long it'll take you that entirely depends on how good you are at programming. I personally could probably write it in an evening however I have loads of experience. I'd say a week is probably a reasonable time frame for writing the software.
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'd say start working on it asap and find out how hard it'll be Wink
bushnerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks for the replys. I will be using an parallel port. I will work on it and try to finish it ASAP. thanks again Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: