Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Star Enlarge problem
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
chrispminis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:12 pm   Post subject: Star Enlarge problem

Well im creating a christmas tree program that has some oddities and one of them is that... when you click one of the stars, it will grow, and grow as long as you click it. For some reason tho, it will neither grow, nor change colour when the mouse is moved over it. Please debug, its probly something dumb i overlooked but i cant think of it atm.

code:
%starenlarge
var starenlargex1, starenlargey1, starenlargex2, starenlargey2, starenlargecol : int
starenlargex1 := 100
starenlargey1 := 320
starenlargex2 := 120
starenlargey2 := 340
starenlargecol := 14
var mx, my, mb : int

%star enlarge
loop
    Mouse.Where (mx, my, mb)
    if mx > starenlargex1 and mx < starenlargex2 then
        if mx > starenlargey1 and my < starenlargey2 then
            starenlargecol := black
        end if
    end if
    if mx > starenlargex1 and mx < starenlargex2 then
            if mb = 1 then
                starenlargex1 := starenlargex1 - 5
                starenlargex2 := starenlargex2 + 5
                starenlargey1 := starenlargey1 - 5
                starenlargey2 := starenlargey2 + 5
            end if
        end if
    end if

Draw.FillStar (starenlargex1, starenlargey1, starenlargex2, starenlargey2, starenlargecol)
end loop
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Bored

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

look at your if staments closely and the variables your comparing. One of them is wrong and I'll leave up to you to find it for yourself. Other then that your program works fine altough I would suggest adding in a delay.
chrispminis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Is it really that obvious? Did you actually find it or are you assuming that's the problem. Because either im blind to my follies or there isnt an error, which there obviously is so thus im just blind to my follies. Help.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Here, I fixed up your program a bit. I didn't really look too much into it, just rewrote the logic. The problem, as mentioned, is a simple variable mixup:
should be:
if my > starenlargey1 and my < starenlargey2 then

code:
%star enlarge
var starenlargex1, starenlargey1, starenlargex2, starenlargey2, starenlargecol : int
starenlargex1 := 100
starenlargey1 := 320
starenlargex2 := 120
starenlargey2 := 340
starenlargecol := 14
var mx, my, mb : int

loop
    Mouse.Where (mx, my, mb)
    if mx > starenlargex1 and mx < starenlargex2 and my > starenlargey1 and my < starenlargey2 and mb > 0 then
        starenlargex1 -= 5
        starenlargex2 += 5
        starenlargey1 -= 5
        starenlargey2 += 5
        starenlargecol := black
    end if
    Draw.FillStar (starenlargex1, starenlargey1, starenlargex2, starenlargey2, starenlargecol)
    delay (40)
end loop

Next time, look into the problem more yourself. It may not seem simple at the moment, but once you figure it out it'll be no problem.
chrispminis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh wow, that was a simple mistake, thx. It works well now Ill post my christmas tree program next tuesday after i hand it in

Also, why did you put mb > 0 instead of mb = 1? what difference does it make?
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It doesn't, at least not under the current settings, but I rewrote it, and I find that way comes to mind quicker. It only makes a difference when you are using the multibutton mouse setting, so mb = 1 is the left mouse button, mb=10 is the middle, and mb = 100 is the right button. In that case, mb > 0 would be true if any of the buttons are pressed.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: