Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Game making HELP...background
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
sk8boarder1414

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:27 pm   Post subject: Game making HELP...background

hey guys I wanted to insert a .bmp image in the back of my game.. i wanted to make an asteriods game and first thing i gotta do is make the background.. i looked at the tutorial and it doesnt work for sum reason.. could sum1 just explain to me how to insert a bmp into turing as a background for my game? thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Which Tutorial did you look at? Can we see your code that you attempted? Both of these would make helping you a little easier...Very Happy.

Either way, here's an explanation:
- to insert a .bmp, you'll have to create an image stream through which Turing will access said file.
- this will be done using an integral variable, in a similar fashion to that of opening files.
- you will then be able to specify a position and drawing style to draw the actual pic.

If you would like to see the syntax, press F10 and look for the Pic.() module.
sk8boarder1414

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

heres the tutorial i thought i could get a backgfround from...
http://www.compsci.ca/v2/viewtopic.php?t=191.....

I just fille din the path for his picture with mine but it doesnt come up
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

put the image in the same folder as the source code, then you wont need the full file path.. only the image name
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: