Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Have some trouble
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Rocky-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:03 pm   Post subject: Have some trouble

I am having some trouble with soime turing programs i have to do for my compouter scinece at school. I dont really underssatnd at all have to do so i wondering if some one could give me some help??? These are the question that i need to do for the class. I would really appreciate if i could get some help. Thanks.

Write a program that will allow the user to input the number of words they wish to input into the computer. The program should then allow the user to enter the words and output to the data file called WORDS.DAT. Call the program FILE1.T

Write a program that will input the words stored in the data file WORDS.DAT created in #1 and output them to the monitor. The program should finally output the number of words that are in the data file. Call the program FILE2.T

Write a program that will allow the user to add any number of words to the end of the data file WORDS.DAT created in #1 using the keyboard. Call your program FILE3.T

Write a program which will output all the numbers between 0 and 50 to a data file called NUMBERS.DAT.Call the program FILE4.T

5.a)
Create a data file called SENTENCE.DAT which will contain at least five sentences - one per line. You can create a data file by starting a new Turing document, type the required text and then saving the file.

5.b)
Write a program which will input a series of sentences from the data file SENTENCE.DAT created in (a). The computer should determine if the last character of each sentence is a correct punctuation character (i.e. a period, an exclamation mark or a question mark). If not, output a message for the user on the monitor. (Hint: Modify your STRINGS3.T program.) Call the program FILE5.T
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

For many reasons, we don't do homework for people. That much should be obvious. We will help you with your homework. But you have to give it a try. Post some code you've got so far, or post your thoughts on how to do a particular problem.

Check out the tutorials section. At the top you'll find a Turing Walkthrough, which will contain links to many of our tutorials. Among them, you'll find links to String Manipulation and File I/O tutorials.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: