Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How do you bind? - Before 2:30 If Possible
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
sensfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:02 pm   Post subject: How do you bind? - Before 2:30 If Possible

I'm making a game for turing and I need to know how to bind or assign a certain key to make a certain movement. I've done this by using 'If' statements but you have to press enter every time. Can you bind with Turing so you don't have to press enter and if so can you bind something to the arrow keys (what represents them)?

Thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
sensfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Forgot to add this on:

Is there a way to display an animation or image (other than the box and such) in Turing?
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you could use ether getch() or Input.KeyDown()

with 200, 203, 205, 208 for former
or KEY_UP_ARROW, KEY_LEFT_ARROW, KEY_RIGHT_ARROW, KEY_DOWN_ARROW for latter
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
do_pete

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

In order to get a picture into turing you have to go variable:=Pic.FileNew("filename.ext") in order to draw it onto the screen you have to go Pic.Draw(variable,x,y,mode). The mode is either picCopy, picMerge, or picXor in order to get an animation you have to alternate between pictures.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There are detialed tutorals on both of thess subjects in the tutoral section if you real need it that soon.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: