Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 New Game
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mystify

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:33 am   Post subject: New Game

Hey guys

Ive made one game already which was just a basic move your ball around and collect the other balls and get a highscore in 30 seconds game. And im now interested in making a new game any ideas for a new game im pretty good with turing im not pro im at around novice-intermediate level.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:36 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i do beleive that there is a sticky just for that (sticky is a topic that appears at the top of the forums, underneath the "annoncements"), just so ya know.

have you tried pong?
Mystify

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hmm pong..... yeah ive thought about it... i just gotta figure out whats involved can you gimme some ideas of commands im gonna need to know??
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you need 4 things for pong (the basics)

(1) You need to be able to move the paddles (up and down arrows for player 1, w and s for player 2)
(2) Moving the ball (try to randomize which way the ball goes when it starts)
(3) Keeping score (to see who wins)
(4) Collision Detection (the most annoying part of the pong game, might i add, you need to see if the ball hits the paddle, then make the ball go the seperate direction.)

These are just ideas, and you can bend them to your own whim. Good luck.
Mystify

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

LoL i was just looking around my class and ppl are trying to make pacman games and their honestly the most horrible things i have ever seen the mouth doesnt open or anything and all these guys/gurls are grade 10 - 11 im grade 9 and i know more of this stuff then them Laughing
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:53 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hmmm... i never tried pacman... ill try it and post it later...
Mystify

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:56 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Just the animation for the mouth takes along ass time i had to do it for an assigment and it had to draw it in the different direction when you press the arrow keys and it had to move and it took about 5 days to get everything down and timed perfectly we had that assignment 2 weeks ago and sum ppl still arent done Confused Laughing
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well the mouth is simple, just have 3 different pics (one moth completely open, one half way, and one closed) and the loop them when an arrow key is pressed. Its not pretty, and eats memory ofr breakfast, but it works Smile

as for the mouth in each direction, just Pic.Rotate it.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i have the slight feeling i just did your homework for you... Rolling Eyes
Mystify

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:03 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I never thought of that.... DOH Mad I used like Draw.Oval and stuff over and over instead of using pictures :S
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yep, i did your homework..... hope you know how to use the Pic Module. if not just type in Pic and hit F9, that should help you.
Mystify

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Man that game idea sticky is hilarious the one guy's like make a popup program... make a virus.... make a program that runs itself over and over... make a program that erases windows Laughing Twisted Evil
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

please dont get any ideas... most of us arent here for viruses and hacking programs...were jsut here to learn
Mystify

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:12 am   Post subject: (No subject)

lol i know Laughing im just messing around but i have a question why isnt this working

code:

loop
 Sys.Exec ("C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\iexplore.exe")
end loop
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

if your on a school computer, all of those files are on the server, and have fun tryin to find it then Laughing
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 25 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: