Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 H E L P with creating border(s)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
~[confuzzled]~

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:39 pm   Post subject: H E L P with creating border(s)

Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if i could obtain some help with creating a border or boxes around the shole screen. I want to try to ask for help and see if anyone should respond =D Anyways, i would like it to be 51 pixel [oh yeah, i'm using pixel graphics] so 51 pixels from the bottom up, the right side out, left side out, and top side down. ~(fifty-one pixels)~
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
~[confuzzled]~

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

/B\
/U\
/M\
/P\
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

~[confuzzled]~ wrote:
/B\
/U\
/M\
/P\

Bump? You bumped it up after a single minute of waiting. CompSci.ca is not that active.

~[confuzzled]~ wrote:
I just wanted to know if i could obtain some help with creating a border or boxes around the shole screen. I want to try to ask for help and see if anyone should respond =D Anyways, i would like it to be 51 pixel [oh yeah, i'm using pixel graphics] so 51 pixels from the bottom up, the right side out, left side out, and top side down. ~(fifty-one pixels)~

Of course someone will respond. Smile

The easiest way to do this would be to clear the screen to the colour you want your border to be, then draw a white box in the middle of the screen. Or not white; make it whatever colour you want your main background to be.
code:

colourback (blue)
cls
Draw.FillBox (50, 50, maxx - 50, maxy - 50, white)

Alternatively, you could draw four boxes. One on each side of the screen.
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I wonder if he took the minute to design the Bump design.
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

of yaknow, if you want your boarder to be thicker than one pixel (oh no!) you could just draw 4 Draw.ThickLines (look them up) or is there somesort of Draw.ThickBox thing thati dont know about Rolling Eyes
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
Draw.ThickBox

There is if you search for the "Upgrading Turing" or "New commands for Turing" topics Smile.

Ooh...
Think it would be great if everyone centered their posts? hehe
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

you learn somehting new everyday now dontcha? thanks, this will shorten up some code for my pong game Smile
WhatDotColourMaster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The best way to make a border is to use the drawbox command. create 1 around the outside of the screen and then a box 1 pixel inside that. This creates a good affect to the program.

Regards,
WhatDotColourMaster
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: