Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Default window size?
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
darkyoshi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:21 pm   Post subject: Default window size?

What is the default window size in Turing?
Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Albrecd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

640 by 400 (for my Comp anyway)
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Default window size?

darkyoshi wrote:
Thanks in advance!

I do not blive there realy is a default one. I also whould not recomened using it if there was since it could chage from one computer to the next. Insted i sugested using the maxx and maxy comands to find the window side for the computer the progame is runing and then adujest the output acordingly.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
person

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

actually, its always 639 by 399
MysticVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Default window size?

darkyoshi wrote:
Thanks in advance!

put maxx
put maxy
darkyoshi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Default window size?

Hacker Dan wrote:
darkyoshi wrote:
Thanks in advance!

I do not blive there realy is a default one. I also whould not recomened using it if there was since it could chage from one computer to the next. Insted i sugested using the maxx and maxy comands to find the window side for the computer the progame is runing and then adujest the output acordingly.

Well, I would use maxx and maxy, but in this case the window size has been changed first for a GUI. I just set it to 600, as that was pretty close.

By the way, this is for a clone of Super Smash Bros. I'm making, and I'm sure it will be infinity cubed times greater than my anti-hit, Super Mario Text.

Oh, and an additional question, how do I make the flicker go away? It's driving me nuts!
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Default window size?

darkyoshi wrote:

Oh, and an additional question, how do I make the flicker go away? It's driving me nuts!

That depends on your verson of turing if it is a old one you need to use sprits if it is a new one you need to use a real progamer thechake called double buffering. Infromation on how to do this can be found in the truing tutorals fourm.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Just XOR the screen or something Smile.

Most likely though, if you have 4.0.5 you can use View.Update with offscreenonly to take out flickering.

Something like this...

code:
setscreen("offscreenonly")
for i : 1 .. 200
   Draw.FillOval (i, i, 10, 10, blue)
   delay (15)
   View.Update
end for
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: