Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Need help on mouse hand plz
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
The_Triangle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:52 am   Post subject: Need help on mouse hand plz

anyone know how to make the mouse scroll over a button in a game, and for instance like in a game, the mouse turns into the hand bar while it is scrolled over a button? im tryin to make that work in my game, no such luck. I tried finding that hand picture of the mouse but no luck finding it either, i also tried snapshotting the screen and the mouse hand didnt show up.
Any one know how to do this ?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
codemage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think that Turing uses the windows cursor automatically.

You can perhaps use MouseWhere (or whatdotcolour) to check if the cursor is over a button and put another curser underneath the windows cursor when that happens?
The_Triangle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

codemage wrote:
I think that Turing uses the windows cursor automatically.

You can perhaps use MouseWhere (or whatdotcolour) to check if the cursor is over a button and put another curser underneath the windows cursor when that happens?

but then the cursor wud still be there :S meh, i'll just color in the button when the mouse if over the button Very Happy much easier
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

if your trying to make it so that a little hand pops up when you move your mouse over it, heres an idea...
code:
View.Set ("nocursor") %so you cannot see cursor when mouse is on screen
if Mouse.Where = buttonlocation then
%draw mouse "hand"
else
%draw default cursor
end if

this is just an idea, and the code needs to be finetuned (as well as being able to find any coordinate of any button) and youll need either pictures of your default cursor and your mose "hand". hope this helps.
Albrecd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
code:
View.Set ("nocursor") %so you cannot see cursor when mouse is on screen

Nocursor will not remove the mouse icon. It will only remove the flashing cursor that appears when it waits for input.
do_pete

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

"nocursor" doesn't make the mouse cursor disappear. It make the blinking box that appears when you get input disappear. Try running this and you'll see what I mean:
code:
var a : string := ""
put "This is input with a cursor: " ..
get a
View.Set ("nocursor")
put "This is input whithout a cursor: " ..
get a
The_Triangle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

do_pete wrote:
"nocursor" doesn't make the mouse cursor disappear. It make the blinking box that appears when you get input disappear. Try running this and you'll see what I mean:
code:
var a : string := ""
put "This is input with a cursor: " ..
get a
View.Set ("nocursor")
put "This is input whithout a cursor: " ..
get a

ahh.. it all makes sense now..
codemage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The best you can do with replacing the cursor is make a picture that incorporates the existing arrow cursor.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Albrecd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
The best you can do with replacing the cursor is make a picture that incorporates the existing arrow cursor.

Unless there is some way to find all of the colour values of the mouse cursor and then draw a picture using the opposite colours... which I doubt.
codemage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No, 'cuz the mouse is on a layer that is always on top of the program window. It'll draw on top of whatever you do with Turing.
do_pete

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It will be possible to hide the mouse in future versions of Turing using Mouse.Hide which they have for some stupid reason included in the current version of Turing put haven't made it work
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

do_pete wrote:
It will be possible to hide the mouse in future versions of Turing using Mouse.Hide which they have for some stupid reason included in the current version of Turing put haven't made it work

For some reasons i realy dougth there are going to be many more versons of turing if any. I have a fealing that it is a dieing langue.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
iker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Actualy, I sent an email to one of the people at holtsoft asking where I could download the latest version, and I got a reply saying that they are coming out with 4.1.0 soon, and that will be on the website... Anyways, I sent that about 2 weeks ago, so be expecting a new turing version sometime soon...Very Happy
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well let us know when u get your hands on a copy we whould love to post a review of it if it ever comes out.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, one can never forget Turing 4.0.5 Update.

I would love to see a Turing update, there was a ton of things that they were supposed to add that they had taken away in previous versions. Maybe they will give us a seperate compiler now? (see DWITE post)[/wishful]
I hope you are not lying, although it wouldn't be such a big loss... Besides, who can say what 'soon' means...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: